What is a data paper?
A “Data Paper” is:
- Usually short, is linked with and describes one or more datasets
- Foccused on the data rather than conclusions
- Captures experimental and/or analytical methodologies (data provenance)
- Allows publication of negative results (avoids needless duplication)
- Is an aid to reproducibility (traditional papers increasingly contain insufficient detail)
- Data and data papers tend to be Open Access
What is data2paper?
Data2paper is a cloud-based application to automate the process of compiling and submitting a data paper to a journal without the researcher having to leave the research space or wrestle directly with the journal’s submission system. More at why use Data2Paper.
How does data2paper work?
Serving the wider research community, data2paper works with academic institutions, publishers, data repositories, funding agencies and organizations interested in research and scholarly communication. Data2paper aims at progressing data papers, enabling data re-use and giving researchers credit for their data.